SUMMER SERIES FLASHBACK TODAY FEATURING RYAN AND SELENA FREDERICK
Today Kait invites Ryan and Selena Frederick onto the podcast… and they are the marriage #dreamteam! Together they have an incredible platform called Fierce Marriage which is a place to truly process the trials of marriage and celebrate its JOYS all rooted in Christ centeredness.Under Fierce Marriage they have a blog, an amazing instagram, a podcast, and TONS Of resources for couples. One thing we love about them so much is that they are so DEEPLY in love with Jesus… and they just bring the truth!!!Today, Ryan and Selena talk about all things FAITH in relationship and WHY it is so important!
Do you have any thoughts about how we can go about testing if someone is truly a follower of Jesus Christ, surrendered mind, body, soul to HIS ways, and not just someone who claims to be a “believer”?
- First thing: a disciple of Christ and a believer are TWO different things. It is easy to use the word “christian”
- FAITH IN ACTION — “faith without works is dead” is meant to say that if you have a real relationship with Jesus, there will be FRUIT produced in your life.
- Ryan says that “Sometimes we just want the FRUIT without the roots. We want to staple the fruit to the branches, but over time the fruit WILL start to rot.”
- Look at the FRUIT and the type of life the person is living. There are deep ways and there are shallow ways to tell if someone has true deeply rooted, healthy fruit.
- IE in Conflict- What is underneath the surface of response? Pay attention to how does the person respond? Are they patience, do they listen, are they slow to anger?
- Make sure to see how the person responds over a period of TIME. Test the fruit over time!
- When you squeeze the fruit, what is really going to come out? Sometimes in dating you don’t see the full squeeze.
What does a spiritual leader truly look like and how should we be teaching for that and seek to find that in dating?
- This doesn’t look exactly the same for everyone but the way Selena saw it in Ryan was through his desire to stand up for his convictions and shed light on the correct perspectives. He was able to have hard conversations with people.
- Ryan said is also about who they are AND who they are becoming.
- In the dating relationship you can identity pretty quickly if someone is a bit glossed over and not truly engaged with embracing the HS work in someone.
Podcast: Fierce Marriage
Fierce Marriage Instagram
Fierce Marriage Website