Heart of Dating is thrilled to welcome a friend of Kait’s… Chaz Smith! Chaz is a 25 year old entertainer who loves the Lord and has used his platforms on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Tik-Tok, and Vine (RIP) to spread joy and laughter. You may have seen him from his “water-mel-lone” vines or his mispronunciation videos. Originally, he is from New Jersey but currently resides in Los Angeles. While he is known for his funny viral videos he’s currently focusing on making music, live streaming on Twitch, AND his most recent project, his podcast called Simply Put With Chaz Smith.
What has singleness and dating looked like for you?
- “Men are like waffles, women are like spaghetti” First, Kait and Chaz discuss how men and women think and speak! (You’ll have to listen for the context).
- Chaz actually shares that he personally has never been in a dating relationship.
- He talked about his previous “relationships” while in 4th and 8th grade through some entertaining short stories.
- Since he was young he believed it’s worth the wait, because when you get into a relationship with someone you either get married or break up.
- He won’t get into a relationship unless he can truly see himself be with that person in the long run.
- He also talks about truly enjoying the freedom of his singleness and he’s using his time to truly focus on pursuing God and enjoying where he’s at!
Has there been any wrestling of doubts or fears because of that fact you’ve never been in a relationship?
- He talked about a previous fear he had of God “forcing” Him to marry someone.
- Today, he truly believes and knows that God is going to bring someone one day into His life that truly makes Him happy.
- They also talked about the laws of attraction buckets and how it’s important to recognize that all are important, but physical attraction isn’t the most important.
You’ve been open about your past struggle with pornography, can you share a little bit about that?
- Chaz and Kait have an open discussion on the over-sexualization of everything within our culture.
- He talks about how pornography brings shame. “There’s nothing positive that pornography can do for anybody.”
- “One of the biggest champions against shame is vulnerability and being honest”
- Chaz also touches a little bit on how pornography can ruin marriages and aids in human trafficking.
- Kait and Chaz also talk about how staying in community and having someone to be accountable with is super important in every aspect of your Christian walk, including pursuing purity.
How do you find contentment in singleness in Christ?
- Abide in Christ and hold on to the truths and reality of who He is.
- In John 15, it talks about how Jesus is the vine and we are the branches. We have to remain in Him to truly find fulfillment and “bear fruit”.
- Bearing fruit is different in the world’s viewpoint than Christ’s
- Even when we fall down, get up. A righteous person falls and gets up. So when you find yourself not feeling content, find joy in Him.
- Everything we need flows from Christ.
- Serve God, love God, remain in Him… Be with Him.
What is your final nugget of dating advice?
- Not one nugget but 12 nuggets from Chick Fil A with Siracha and Ranch.
- Stay patient. It’s a lot easier to be patient when we intentionally spend time with God. When we do that we are a lot more eager to be patient.
- Spending time with God means walking with Him throughout every moment of your day.
- He also talks about how it is so important to still get in scripture because it’s so filling.
- “There’s peace and content in just being with God”
Find Chaz on Instagram HERE
Find Chaz on YouTube Here
Find Chaz’s new Podcast HERE