Hey friends! We are so excited to bring to you a brand new miniseries. For the next few weeks Kait will be talking about topics that go hand-in-hand with Wednesday’s episode. These bite-sized episodes that will be released to you every Friday!
Today, we’re talking about Grieving hopefully. 2020 has been a lot to process, and it’s already starting to seem that 2021 is coming with its own challenges.
With hardship we face we must learn to grieve as a part of the healing process… but do so hopefully. So what does it mean to grieve hopefully? It means making SPACE for our pain, while still fixing our eyes on God knowing He has good things planned for the future.
Some highlights of today’s minisode:
- So here are the steps of grieving.
- Allowing space for the process of grievance.
- “Hope is not just wishful thinking. It’s also not denying the bad and only speaking from a place of positivity. No, rather, hope is an expectation of goodness based on knowing the character of God and coming to terms with and surrendering to his promises.”
- Understanding that hope isn’t void of pain.
- The process of lamenting and using the tool of journaling
- Moving forward without bitterness in your heart.