We are so excited to welcome one of Kait’s very best friends….Elyse Murphy to the show! Elyse is a writer, speaker, and influencer who is committed to using her platform to have authentic conversations and share meaningful moments that inspire people to live up to their God-given calling. She’s an over-sharer and a people pleaser and will probably get distracted mid-conversation, but she’s doing her best to live a healthy life (body, soul, and spirit) and point them to Jesus… And she’s ok if that’s a little bit messy. In fact, these days? She kind of likes it messy.
In a world that is desperate to be seen, she’s on a mission to be known. And she wants to take everyone with her.
Elyse grew up as a pastors kid in Sydney Australia and, after graduating from Hillsong Leadership College, wrote her first book “Confessions of a Church Kid.” She moved to Los Angeles in 2013 to pursue ministry and found a whole new world of life and its lessons along the way. She’s currently in the process of writing her second book and has expanded into media. Elyse is now the co-producer and host of “On A Lighter Note” with Lightworkers and works with media outlets to create content that will help people find hope and have honest conversations about faith, health, and relationships. She’s also currently working with Christine Caine and Propel to launch Propel Girl later this year.
Today, Elyse and Kait have a candid conversation on heartbreak and what it feels like to go through the motions and process of healing. If you’ve ever felt like you’ve have a had a hard time learning how to love again after heartbreak, then this is an episode you do not want to miss!
Could You share a little bit about who you are and what you do?
- Elyse is an “aussie chick” who moved to LA 8 years ago
- She is a pastor’s kid who went to Hillsong Bible College and always knew she’d end up in ministry
- She worked at a church for a long time and in the past year decided to pursue working in media
- God’s taken her to do many things and says that “God is the God of “And” not “either/or”
- Shes been doing a lot of writing and is working with Lightworkers
- Elyse just came out with a new devotional!
- Elyse shares about her divorce and facing that rejection while working in ministry.
What was it like going through a divorce in the public eye in your church community?
- Real authenticity it messy. The real process is messy… So sometimes we long for authenticity but sometimes when we see people that we normally put on a pedestal go through some hard times and we don’t know what to do because we’ve idolized them.
- We don’t have to say “
What are some things you do to “numb the pain”
- Elyse talks about how she numbed the pain through ministry.
- She knew she was good at helping people and she had her own savior complex.
- She did things out of an “at least I can” mindset and out of her divorce she did everything to numb the pain of dealing with the rejection she faced.
- She talks about the biggest lie she believes was that she was “easy to love and easy to leave”
Connect with Elyse:
Follow Elyse on Instagram HERE
Order her new devotional HERE