We are SO excited to welcome BACK Hannah Brencher for the kickoff 2021 and Season 6 of the Podcast!
Hannah Brencher is an author, blogger, TED speaker, and entrepreneur. She founded The WorldNeeds More Love Letters, a global community dedicated to sending letter bundles to those whoneed encouragement. Named as one of the White House’s “Women Working to Do Good” and a spokesperson for the United States Postal Service, Hannah has been featured in theWall StreetJournal, Oprah, Glamour, USATODAY.com, the Chicago Tribune and more.
Last March we had Hannah on the show to talk about online dating as a Christian… and today? We’re discussing how to handle life, singleness, and dating when we feel that God is silent.
Could you tell us about your new book “Fighting Forward”?
- It’s not like her typical books as it’s not in chronological order, but instead she titled them as “fight songs”.
- It’s filled with different essays, encouragements, etc. to get up and show up and live their lives.
2020 has been a difficult year, and many might be wondering “Why would God let all of this  happen?” In my new book I bring up the questions of “What do we do when we feel God is silent?”, “What do we do we feels our prayers aren’t being heard or answered?”, and “What do we do when we feel there is no way out?”. Have you ever felt that way?
- Hannah discusses how she went through a heavy depression 6 years ago and how she went through a “dark night of soul” season where she felt the absence of God.
- She had her mother praying for her reverently during her depression and God simply continued to tell her “I got this”
- “You may not feel like He’s around, but in quiet ways He speaks”
- Kait also discusses during her most recent heartbreak, while she was going through a heavier season of healing, God spoke to her to just focus on her and God and He will take care of the rest.
- Kait also shared her story about how she had to reread her new book’s manuscript the day after an intense breakup!
- Anything we don’t deal with comes back to haunt us.
You talk about committing to the first mile. Tell us more about committing to mile 1 in overcoming challenges, especially in this new year!
- Pick one area that means the most to you and instead of giving yourself legalistic rules, think to yourself, what can you add to yourself!
- Do your best to show up each month and just take it in chunks.
- Hannah talks about how she practiced being grateful with her “pleases” and her “thank-you’s”.
- Start to be grateful, even write things down, when you’re going through a hard season.
- As a single, try not to focus on what you don’t have… focus on all the good God does and practice thanking Him for them.
What does endurance look like for you?
- The definition of endurance means “to remain in existence”, so we need to change our perspective of it from just seeing results to going through it.
- It’s ok to not have expectations when you go through something you’ve never been through. It’s ok to just walk through it.
- “If my eyes are only adjusted to what my expectations are, I will miss what God can do”
- We should have a mindset of abundance and get rid of the scarcity mindset.
What is your final nugget of dating advice?
- We get so narrow minded in what we’re looking for in a future spouse that sometimes the people that we need may look different than what we want…. Be open in your dating experiences and think about what you truly need.
- God knows better than we do in what we need.
Connect with Hannah!
Order Hannah’s New Book HERE
Follow Hannah on Instagram HERE
Learn more about Hannah HERE