It’s always special when our host, Kait Warman, gets to have really amazing friends on the podcast. So today Kait had the absolute joy and pleasure to invite two of her very best friends on the show…. Jessica and Vincent Shakir. You guys are going to just fall in love with them for PART 2 of this conversation!
Kait has known Jess for years and she is one of her dearest best friends. And then just 2.5 years ago Kait had the honor of seeing Jessica get married to Vincent, and was even honored to stand alongside of them in their wedding which was such a treat!
This couple has ONE of the most beautiful, powerful, encouraging, and extensive stories. Their testimony covers topics such as dating after divorce, staying pure, dating later in life, getting married in your 30’s, and even not kissing until engagement (yes, you heard that right!). Part 2 of this episode is going to encourage you in so many ways (and don’t forget to go back and listen to Part 1!).
Jessica has been working as a hair + makeup artist for 22 years with a celebrity clientele that includes Colbie Caillat, Kevin Bacon, Jane Lynch, Rachel Hunter, Selma Blair, Daniel Dae Kim, Grace Park, The Backstreet Boys, and Eminem. As a TV Beauty Expert, Jessica has been regularly featured on national TV segments on shows including ABC’s FABLife and The Dr. Oz Show. She is currently the Key Artist for Praise and Better Together on TBN, and has worked on set of The Talk, Steve Harvey, Wendy Williams, and America’s Next Top Model. Jessica is the Founder of My Beauty BFF, an educational platform specializing in Inner Beauty and Makeup Workshops for the woman who’s passionate about “Blending Beauty and Faith!”
Jess will help you look gorgeous, but more importantly, she’ll empower you to FEEL beautiful and LIVE brave so you can fulfill your God-given assignment here on Earth!
Now her amazing hubby Vincent has a very extensive work history in consulting, sales, hospitality, retail management, and real estate from all over the nation. He is a true entrepreneur at heart. Vincent has a heart to give back and has worked with over 40 non-profit organizations across the nation.
In recent years, Vincent has added the title of Photographer to his list of professions. He has found that his experience in life – professionally, personally, and spiritually – has allowed him to capture his clients in a beautifully unique way.
Together the two of them make a dynamic duo that just shower light and love and joy to everyone they meet. They have a heart for relationships, and are incredibly hospitable and love discipling singles and couples.
Today in part 2 we really focus on how to have keep strict boundaries and honor purity (Jessica was a 36 year old virgin on her wedding night!), as well as how Vincent shared with Jessica about his divorce.
Jessica, will share about how you had a healthy viewpoint concerning sex and intimacy as you waited until age 36 to have sex when you got married?
- Jess talks about a purity ministry in which she worked with.
- She talked about how she didn’t want to adapt to the world’s definition of intimacy and sex nor the church’s. She wanted to view sex as God viewed it and how he created it.
- Jess talks about how it was important to still view her body in a healthy way and feel confident in her story.
- “God’s laws are there to protect our hearts and get to know who He is”
- It’s important to save your sexuality for marriage, but you don’t have to suppress it.
How did you handle dating knowing that Vincent was divorced?
- Vincent talked about how he was nervous having to tell Jessica that he was divorced and it was one of the hardest things he had to do, but Jessica listened with grace.
- Jessica talked about how the Holy Spirit orchestrated the conversation of Vincent’s past.
- Overall, God too the story of Vincent’s past and made it something beautiful with Jessica and his marriage with her.
- In extreme heartbreak such as divorce you have the opportunity to grow more in Christ and understand Him in a new perspective.
- Don’t set limits to your story. Let God take you and don’t get caught up in the “I would never”.
What is your final nugget of dating advice?
- Get to know the Holy spirit’s voice and follow His lead before the dating, during the dating, and into marriage.
- Psalm 37: 4-5 “Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires. Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you”
- Vincent says never forget we always have access to Jesus.
- Ephesians 1: 11 “Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan.
Follow Jessica on Instagram HERE
Follow Vincent on Instagram HERE
Find out more about Jessica’s programs by visiting HERE