If yall have not had the pleasure of knowing WHO Dave Barnes is then, you are going to want to be his friend after listening to this episode!!
Dave Barnes is a respected Nashville artist and songwriter who received GRAMMY and CMA nominations for Blake Shelton’s recording of his hit song “God Gave Me You.” Barnes has also penned songs for Tim McGraw, Carrie Underwood, Reba McEntire, Billy Currington, Hunter Hayes, Matt Wertz, Ben Rector, among SO many others. He has toured extensively over the past 15 years as a headlining artist, and has also opened for Taylor Swift, John Mayer, Lady Antebellum, Hanson, and One Republic, to name a few.
Dave is also well known for his brand of humor, having sold out several stand-up comedy shows throughout the Southeast. Many of his comedic videos are posted to his YouTube video series… so yall BETTER check it out!
This is one of those interviews where Kait and Dave covered a TON of ground. SO get ready for some Dating A to Z featuring the fantastic, uber talented, hilarious, and TOTALLY wise Dave Barnes!
Did you do anything to quote on quote “woo” her in the process of dating?
- There has to be some sense of leadership from a guy.
- State the DTR and be CLEAR on your intentions!
- There has to be equal VULNERABILITY, communication, clarity as MUCH as possible.
- A truly healthy marriage takes a relationship with the Lord that gives you security. Without security everything is going to end up being a train wreck.
What are some of the most ridiculous things you see and hear of in dating? Or maybe some of the things your single guy friends are STILL doing right now?
- TEXT MESSAGING HAS CHANGED EVERYTHING. We need to stop being so selfish.
- You couldn’t do background checks or find out personal information.
- The instagram follow and unfollow game is hilarious.
- You get BUSTED with instagram if you say you don’t tell the truth about your plans!
- Sliding into someone DM’s.. totally okay but don’t be weird!
- Kait and Dave laugh about a common frustration, “He is NOT texting me but he is watching my INSTA STORIES“
Thoughts on Breakups?
- Give a reason and be CLEAR and honesttttt with the person.
- Make sure you are praying through it fully and really processing the WHY.
- Be truthful and loving as possible and know you CANNOT control the other person’s reaction
What do you wish you knew THEN that you know now?
- “You are STILL who you are and they are still who THEY are.”
- You are still yourself in a NEW iteration in a relationship.
- The goal of marriage is Sanctification.
- It is OKAY if you disagree on some things.
- Sometimes it is hard to really grasp truly HOW significant marriage is.
- “This man will rather your children. he will lead or not lead your children. The BEAUTY is the Lord CAN redeem the past”
- Do not FORCE anything. Be CLEAR on what is important to you.
- Find top 5 Character qualities and stick to those.
- Make sure the person has COMMUNITY above all else. They have to have OTHER friends. He needs to be truly KNOWN.
- Keep ACCOUNTABLE. Be in Community
What is your final nugget of dating advice?
- Dave basically covered it ALL in this episode, so he said “WE COVERED IT” hahah! So awesome. 😉
Dave Barnes Instagram
Dave Barnes Website