Heart of Dating is thrilled to welcome a powerhouse of a woman.. Chrystal Evans Hurst!
Chrystal is an energetic, fun-loving “girl-next-door” who loves to encourage other women in fulfilling their full potential in Christ. Chrystal firmly believes God’s promise in Jeremiah 29:11, “I know the plans that I have for you…” and she desires to help other Christian women believe and apply that truth to their lives.
Chrystal is a gifted writer, speaker, and worship leader. Being the eldest child of Dr. Tony Evans, Chrystal been surrounded by the Word of God her entire life. Chrystal has co-authored a book, Kingdom Woman, with her dad. You can also find Chrystal writing on her blog—Chrystal’s Chronicles—where she poignantly reflects her thoughts about her faith and day-to-day experiences.
Most importantly, Chrystal is a dedicated wife and homeschooling mother of five. She considers herself to be the COO (Chief Operating Officer) of the Hurst household. Chrystal and her husband, Jessie reside in a small town just outside of Dallas, Texas.
Today Chrystal and Kait discuss rewriting singleness season in a positive way and how you can use pray to truly change the game! They discuss cultivating incredible things for God in this time and she also reveals the number one singleness game changer!
Chrystal, tell us about your new prayer book: The 28-Day Prayer Journey
- It’s based on 28 days, so it’s easier to manage.
- It’s a great way for Christians who struggle to get in the word, to truly commit to it!
- So many are so busy in life, this is a way to truly sit down and spend time in God’s word
- Prayer is essential in asking God what His will is.
- A way to keep prayer fresh!
Prayer is an essential part of a healthy relationship! How should you pray?
- You can simply talk to God as a friend!
- Open communication makes relationships special, you can have this with God!
- Be honest with God and #KeepitReal
- Prayer CAN be conversational!
How can singles see their life differently?
- 1 Corinthians 7 discusses how singles actually have more devoted time to the Lord!
- God calls us to enjoy our singleness because life is to be enjoyed!
- Take the trip, try the class, get that degree! Try stuff and look at the opportunities God has given you.
- Don’t wait until marriage to try to find yourself.
Your theme for the year is “WORTHY” could you tell us more about that?
- “Worthy, we’ve turned it into a feeling when actually it’s a truth. The way you change a feeling is by knowing what the FACT is and then choosing to have faith in the fact regardless of your feelings.”
- We don’t believe we’re worthy because we’re looking to the wrong things.
- Know that you’re enough simply because GOD said that you are.
Is singleness a label of unworthiness?
- Singleness does NOT mean you’re unworthy and we need to change that narrative.
- We need to stop assuming that the only right worthy thing is a man/woman.
- We need to know that we are right AS IS.
- Have confidence and say “this is who I am today”
- Say “I choose to show up today, the best version I can give of me today”
How can we commit to growth and have radical ownership of our worthy identity in Christ? What is the single thing that’s a game changer in this season?
- Make a hitlist. Make a list of things YOU want to do!
- Put something else in front of you in front and the list of men/women behind you and make plans to go through those!
- Know what YOU bring to a relationship!
How do you recommend singles invite God into all this and their prayer life as well?
- God can fill a lot of those gaps we’re trying to fill with someone else just because we’re lonely.
- Some of those feelings can actually be taken care of by truly engaging in an active prayer life with Christ.
- If you’re not talking to God, you’re not going to feel like you have a good relationship with Him.
- Praying to God is going to close that gap.
What is your final nugget of dating advice?
- Enjoy your life and enjoy yourself.
Connect with Chrystal!
Buy her 28-Day Prayer Journey HERE
Find her on Instagram HERE
Learn more about her ministry HERE