Kait Warman and Heart of Dating is thrilled to welcome friend Pastor Chad Gamble as he talks about intentionality and how he waited on God’s timing.
Pastors Gospel Light Church in Anderson, South Carolina. He was a youth pastor for 17 years and now works in sports ministry. He married his wife 6 years ago at the age of 35 and is a father of two small children aged 4 and 2 years old.
Tell us a little bit about how you became intentional in your singleness season?
- Pastor Chad met his wife on facebook.
- “Pray specific prayers, get specific answers”
- On a trip to Israel, Pastor Chad become very intentional about praying for His future wife.
- Pastor Chad prayed “God, I’m just going to wait on you”
- After being intentional about prayer, God brought Brittney into his life.
- “Waiting on the Lord you make no mistakes” but also used His season to the best of his ability to serve God in his singleness.
- Pastor Chad mentions how it the wait wasn’t always easy, but in the moments of discouragement he remembered to fill His life with what God called him to do.
What was it like to press into lamenting or praying in your singleness life?
- Chad talks about that he didn’t just ask God for a person, but instead he asked for THE person.
- He fasted once a week to pray and denied his body of a desire as he prayed for his future wife. By doing this he was denying something he wanted so that he could pray for something he wanted more.
- He used his singleness to its fullest an took advantage of working on the truest version of himself.
- Pastor Chad upheld his standards all while also shaping himself to reach those standards himself.
What inspired you to pray that specific prayer at the western wall in Israel?
- Intentional prayers can change your life.
- “It wasn’t just about me praying my heart for Him to give me something but it was also about preparing my heart for if He called me to a life of singleness”
- Prayer moves you deeper into your relationship with the Lord.
- Praying intentional, specific prayers changed his prayer life from simply routine to a critical part of his walk with Christ.
- “Finding God’s will isn’t looking for a needle in the haystack, it’s looking for a rhinoceros in the middle of a one way street”
- Pastor Chad had to be open to God’s timing and in God’s way.
How do you stay encouraged, as a woman, who see single men their age who don’t want to commit to get married yet?
- After a certain period of time, many people fall into self-gratification and because of this many people don’t want to try.
- Pastor Chad talks about the issues of narcissism, especially in men, in today’s society.
- Overall, Pastor Chad encourages men to be more open and seek growth and selflessness.
- “Having a good relationship creates good relationships”
What is your final nugget of dating advice?
- “Prayer a specific that God can answer a specific way”