We’re continuing to tackle some hot topics with the one, the only… JD Rodgers!
JD is a single guy who is passionate about this generation! He works as the creative director at The Porch (The largest young adult ministry in the country) over at Watermark Church! JD has been bringing the heat in this miniseries over the past few weeks… and we’re not done yet!
Today, we’re talking about friendship.. Specifically friendship between guys and girls! We often get the question, “Is it possible?!” which honestly is a unique question to Christian Culture.
Today Kait and JD unpack this topic with insight and perspective on why it’s possible… and why so many people within the church say it’s not!
Some keypoints of today’s episode:
- Many believe it’s not possible by saying that at one point someone will catch feelings… this isn’t always necessarily true if you lead the friendship in clarity!
- Yes, Guys and Girls can Just be friends IF both people are on the same page…. however, there ARE nuances!
- It is rare to do it maturely, intentionally, and well, but it is possible
- Lead your friendships with communication and make sure to avoid friendationships at all costs!
- It’s ok to have frequent check ins with you friends of the opposite sex…. Kait actually encourages this!
- Don’t assume that just because someone is being someone is kind that they like you more than a friend. (You know what they say about assuming!)
- “Know yourself. There’s so much power in self-awareness” – JD Rodgers
Connect with JD!
Follow JD on Instagram HERE